Sunday, May 01, 2011

Osama is dead.

Celebration in the streets.
I was 11 years old (barely, my birthday was 5 days before the towers fell) when this started. Some people's childhood was bookended by the Harry Potter series, my childhood has been bookended by this man. Today I am nearly 21 years old. That's a long time to be wondering where Osama Bin Laden would show up next.


I thought I would feel more...

Don't get me wrong. I applaud and celebrate the soldiers in our military. This is their victory, even more than it's America's victory in general.

I won't rehash a topic that The Conservative New Ager has covered so well in his blog already. His concerns about the future are my own and I would recommend you read his post. I don't feel at all ready to contemplate all the political and military ramifications of this event.

I find it in poor taste to address my severe dislike of Obama and the liberal reactions to Osama's death here in this post. Suffice to say that we should give credit where credit is due and no credit, of any kind, is due to Obama in this case. I've yet to listen to his speech, but, from what I've heard from others, he's taking far to much credit personally. He is not the one responsible and to even pretend so, or even joke about it, is to completely write off the contribution of the United States Military.

That's all for me tonight.

2 comments:

Kold_Kadavr_flatliner, VitSee said...

I personally have found MY relationship in going to a Catholic church on Saturday -AND- a Protestant church on Sunday with another family evens-it-out, so I'm really not caught-up in one view of things (those two I mentioned above were quite anathematic in the early 80s in Northern Ireland), yet, there's only one God and we ALL must croak (sorry about that, toots) and give our life history to Jesus, which He already knows, but He wants to hear it from YOUR mouth at the General Judgment. So, yeah, this is a refresher course in case you forgot or haven't had time to spend with our King --- Personally? I wood LOOOOOVE to nekk with you in the Great Beyond, girl, for about seven days, kiss'n everything, your feets to brushing your hair, I'm sooo in love with women - I #@!! adore'm. So meet me Upstairs, miss gorgeous, and we'll have some fun at my BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy. See? Not all who follow 'religion' R snoor'n bores. I'm head injured. And that's the Way UN-HUH UH-HUH i like it. See ya soon. God bless you.

Sakasama_No_Chou said...

Maybe you aren't all boring, but you are apparently a pig with a fascination for making inappropriate sexual commentary about women you don't know (who are also lesbians...) and can't manage to post a comment that is actually relevant to the blog entry you commented on. *rolls eyes* Yeah THAT makes me want to spend eternity around you.

Thanks, I'll pass.