Friday, April 08, 2011

The Conservative New Ager: Books for Conservatives: The Sword of Truth: Wizard’s First Rule

The Conservative New Ager: Books for Conservatives: The Sword of Truth: Wizard’s First Rule

Oh this post is so much truth that it practically hurts to read it. It's like getting punched in the face after drinking a pan-galactic gargle blaster. That's how much the truth hurts folks. But it hurts slightly less since it's wrapped in the guise of a lesson from a fantasy novel.

Read it and then read it again, please. For me *clasped hands, pout and rapid eye-lash fluttering* Ow! Shit...sorry, there was something in my eye. Just read it okay?

3 comments:

Emma said...

wait, what? I hate that book so much... I don't care what your politics are, it's all bad writing and rape scenes.

CrisPace said...

Rape scene? There is rather graphic human sacrifice and heavy physical and psychological torture, yes, and there is a character who is a pedophile, but they don't go into detail in that, and said character is more than justly dealt with...but where was the rape scene?

As to the writing I'm not saying it's Shakespeare, but it's not as bad as Rowling, Myers or Tolkien.

Sakasama_No_Chou said...

I don't feel qualified to comment on the book, since I still haven't found a chance to read it. However whether you like the content or writing style has nothing to do with whether or not the first rule is true...and I think it is.