Friday, April 01, 2011

The Conservative New Ager: April Fool’s Day Post: A Modest Proposal

The Conservative New Ager: April Fool’s Day Post: A Modest Proposal

Read this for your April's Fools enjoyment. You will find it much more amusing, of course, if you have ever read Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal which I really truly hope you did not make it out of high school without reading. If you did then you clearly had one of the teacher's that The Conservative New Ager dislikes immensely.

Though I also hope that you did not have English right before lunch as I did when I read that particular bit of literature...or at the very least you did not have a teacher who was friend's with the kitchen staff and convinced them that calling lunch that day "Mystery Meat Surprise" was a good idea. My English teacher Junior year was evil, did I mention that?

And if you didn't read Swift's Proposal yet, for pity's sake read it first. It's shorter than some of my blog posts and probably more amusing. Then read TCNA's version. It makes it all the better, really it does.

No comments: