Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Adventure Begins! Reading Atlas Shrugged.

To get my mind off being stressed about college related issues (and because I keep promising The Conservative New Ager that I will actually read the copy he bought me) I'm going to start reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I'm carrying that book back and forth to work with me, I'll have to read it since I refuse to carry something that big and heavy on my commute for no purpose whatsoever.

It's too little too late really...the movie is coming out this Friday and TCNA and I are going to see it...so my reading of the book (though I already know the basic plot and philosophy behind it) will, of course, be colored by my viewing of the film. Oh well *shrug* what can you do? It's a big book and, while I love reading, starting it is a bit of a daunting task.

It's kind of like when I read The Lord of the Rings for the first (and only, I hated that trilogy) time. Getting started was ridiculously difficult. Hopefully Atlas Shrugged, unlike The Lord of the Rings, will not remain quite as dull and dreary and annoyingly text book like while I'm trying to finish it...


Oh! And for those of you who don't follow The Conservative New Ager's blog, he's done a review of the book. It's a good read, check it out.
The Conservative New Ager: Books for Conservative: Atlas Shrugged



No comments: