Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Love Being Lumped Together With the Religious Right

No, really! The best part of my day is reading "Republicans are lunatics" in the comments section of one of Pharyngula's blog posts. It's a lovely way to start my day. It is wonderful to know that, in the minds of liberals, there is absolutely no difference between the insane religious right and actual Republicans. They may be under the same flag, for now, but they are nowhere close to being the same thing.

Every time some moronic, overly religious, sanctimonious asshole starts spouting off about abortion or gay marriage and those views get foisted off on me because I dared to use the term Republican to describe my political views once at a party where I forgot to switch "Independent" in for "Republican" I sort of start to twitch and maybe consider taking up a violent hobby...like kickboxing or kicking puppies*.

These people are not Republicans! They are the super religious versions of Stalin and Mao. Instead of a little red book, they have a big black book of rules that they want to impose on everyone and that they want the government to enforce! That is not advocating for small government, that is a nanny state that any far left Democrat would be proud of...if it weren't for the pesky religious bits.

When did the GOP go so wrong? Why did we allow these idiots, who are so completely opposite to what our party is supposed to stand for, into our party? Were we high? Did someone have us under mind control? Were we just having a particularly bad day and decided "hey, why don't we screw our entire party over for a few decades, that sounds like fun?" Because that is really the only way this makes any sense at all.

*I do not advocate kicking puppies as an anger management tool, I was kidding. PETA please do not kick down my door in the middle of the night and take me out to the middle of the desert to shoot me.

2 comments:

gamtngrl said...

Thank you so much for this. I feel like this so much of the time. I am very happy to know that there are other girls out there that feel like me. :)

Sakasama_No_Chou said...

I think there are more of us than anyone realizes, we are mostly just too afraid of the rest of our community to come out and say what we really feel about politics. I am pretty irascible, so I stopped caring what other people thought a long time ago, lol.