Thursday, February 10, 2011

Barbara Bush supports gay marriage...this is becoming a trend.

George W. Bush's daughter has come out in support of gay marriage, with this comes the realization that this issue is not so much an issue of what party you support, but what generation you are from. You have no idea how good that makes me feel. Perhaps people will start to realize that I am not, in fact, shooting myself in the foot when it comes to my rights just because I don't vote a straight democratic ticket.

Laura Bush supports it as well which is just another shocker to me. That doesn't even have to do with her generation.

Cindy McCain and her daughter Meghan are in a similar mother-daughter support of gay marriage in direct opposition of John McCain's views on the subject.

And we all no that Dick Cheney's daughter is an out and proud lesbian and has two children with her partner Heather Poe.

I swear, this is becoming an epidemic...or a trend, trend sounds less deadly.
Though, when you think about it, this trend could be deadly for the religious right.
One can only hope...

As for what this means for gay rights in the future...well, no one should be to worried. Laura Bush said in her interview that it's coming, it's only a matter of time. DADT was repealed and there is a start, slowly, but surely we are winning this race.

No comments: