Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Omens and Supernatural





I went to the library the other day and I was hunting for books to read. I ended up picking The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore and Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, both really hilarious books by the way. I started reading Good Omens out loud to my parents (something we haven't done in a while) and we're having a lot of fun with it.

Roughly 100 pages in I had to stop reading because I was laughing too hard, because I realized....Eric Kripke and his Supernatural writer's totally stole ideas for season 5 from this book.

I mean the Anti-christ is just a normal kid who started using his powers to warp the world around him without realizing it, he's not really down for destroying the world either so he's using his powers to hide from demons in the show.

We've got one angel who doesn't particularly want to destroy the world. Castiel isn't nearly as amusing or absent minded as Aziraphale, but he does have it's moments.

Then we have Crowley (same name in Supernatural and Good Omens) a demon, with an English accent, that really sort of likes earth and he's a little hacked off at Dean and Sam for starting the Apocalypse, but he's willing to help them out (against hell's orders) if it means putting a stop to the end of the world. Not to mention Crowley also loves money, screwing around with people that want to make deals with Hell, has a taste for the finer things in life (in Good Omens he drives a Bentley and eats at The Ritz), but did I mention he's ENGLISH!

I'm not even half way through the book, but no fan of Supernatural should be able to go through life without reading this book...it might help us figure out where the end of this season is going acutally...who knows.

So read Good Omens, you won't regret it.

No comments: