Wednesday, December 02, 2009

A piece of art


So I tried to think of something interesting and "smart" to choose as my favorite piece of art. You know how it is, for some reason you want to impress people so you pick some obscure piece of art from the Renaissance and wax poetically over it.

Well in my humble opinion

Screw that.

I finally picked this piece, because not only is it the cover of one of my favorite books, by a favorite Japanese author, but it was also made by Yoshitaka Amano. He is one of my favorite artists and for those of you who are big nerds, he did all of the concept art for the Final Fantasy games. His work is beautiful, type his name into a google image search and you'll find hundreds of his pieces. This one in particular I have as a poster on my bedroom wall.

No comments: