Sunday, December 20, 2009

Brittany Murphy dies at 32

What is it with the famous all keeling over this year. My girlfriend wondered who would be the next 2 to go out, since dying in threes is all the rage this year. The funny thing is that, while none of those who have died (Brittany being the exception) were extremely young, but their deaths got me thinking about my life in general.

Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, and Brittany Murphy were icons while I was growing up. I remember them from movies, music, television and commercials. I watch Clueless religiously in Elementary school. I think it's a bit of a shock to find these people dying during my life time. They always seemed...timeless I suppose.

I started thinking this morning after I read about Murphy's death. She was only a year older than my brother when she died and here I am doing NOTHING with my life. I could die, it happens everyday to people my age and younger. The possibility is there. Sure, the people I know would miss me, would be sad, but would anyone else care? I have to start living my life and as much as I hate it, it also means I have to start acting like an adult. The future can't be paused for me until I'm ready for it.

I don't know exactly what this "epiphany" will do for my life, but I know something has to change.

No comments: