Monday, November 16, 2009

one question a day about myself answered.

A friend of mine over on Livejournal, whose life has a tendency to revolve around LJ to be honest, loves to email me about all of the memes she takes part in. I don't normally take the time, but this one seems like fun and I need to have a little bit of writing outside of NaNoWriMo. This is not Livejournal obviously, but I don't post there often and I like my blog better. So here goes several questions of completely random observations about me and my favorite things. I'll post one a day for now, since I'm still busy with NaNo. Feel free to post back your own... if the posting feature is working the way it's supposed to be.
These question memes spread like wildfire over at LJ and this is not the first time Slash has tempted me with one, but I've finally given in. Will I go to hell for this? Maybe...

My favorite song

For a long time I don't know if I could have answered that question, but over the years I keep returning to one song in particular. The first time I heard Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls, I was watching and anime music video and I've since listened to it dozens of times. I love the sound of the song and the story the lyrics put before the listener.

I will classify myself as a hopeless romantic easily and this song portrays many of my feelings about love, especially for me as a lesbian. The lines of the chorus

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Are something that I feel perfectly sum up my feelings on what it feels like to be in love. No matter how bad the world gets, that one person will always know the real you and that's really the only thing you need in a world that's broken.

Youtube video
unfortunately I can not find the original AMV that I watched along with it, which was part of the reason I adored it to begin with. *le sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This excellent phrase is necessary just by the way