Thursday, November 19, 2009

My favorite Book


I'm going the cheat here and just use a whole series, but I can't pick just one of the books, they were just all too awesome!

My favorite series of books is The Legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore. I picked one of these books up from my either the library or my brother's book shelf, I can't remember which, but I will be eternally grateful that I did. I love the characters, the story lines, the action scenes (which are so well described that I feel like I'm watching a movie, not reading a book) and the intricate way the plot winds in and out and revisit past characters and story arcs through out the series.

As for classic novels, I would like to say a few words for The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux. I was once told that it was not a very good book and I didn't actually pick it up until a few days ago as a result of that, but since I did I haven't been able to put it down, much to the disappointment of my NaNoWriMo wordcount. I'm going to finish typing this, hide the book at the bottom of my backpack and get back to work now!

No comments: