Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Favorite movie

And the meme continues!
Today's topic is my favorite movie.

That's actually a really hard choice, I've like many movies, but I'm trying to think of one that I can watch over and over again. I eventually chose three, sorry. I'm indecisive and I love all three of them so much, I can watch them over and over again and never get tired of the stories.

The first of these (at least on the time line of when I saw it) is The Princess Bride. It's cheesy, it has a corny romantic story line and it's not like it's a story line that hasn't been done before. However, it has some of the best lines and characters of any movie ever. The movie has me laughing out loud one moment and on the edge of my seat the next. The way the movie switches from the fictional story to the "real" story of the sick grandson is great as well, though I've had friends who say they find it annoying.
I can unabashedly say that Inigo is my favorite, with Fesik as a close second.
The infamous rhyming scene

The next favorite of mine is Batman Begins, in my opinion one of the best superhero (okay I know he's hasn't got special powers) movies in my life time . Spiderman let me down, Daredevil was a crying shame and I'm not even going to try to think of any others (Okay, so I liked Iron Man, but not as much). This movie just hit all the right buttons for me as a geek. Seeing the creation of Batman, so to speak, was what really clinched the deal for me. I was not a big fan of Katie Holmes in her part to be honest, but Morgan Freeman, Michael Cain, Liam Neeson, Christian Bale and Gary Oldman made the movie amazing. I can watch this one over and over again as well.
Finding the batcave

My last favorite would be Serenity, the sequel to Joss Whedon's, sadly cancelled, Firefly. I only was made aware of this series and movie last year, but I've watched the movie several times since then. Summer Glau is an amazing actress and her job at portraying the severely mentally damaged River Tam is spetacular. I'm a fan of Sci-fi, any of my friends can tell you that. I fan girled over meeting Brent Spiner last year and was severely disappionted that I did not get to meet Wil Wheaton. I had a crush on Harrison Ford as Han Solo for years, much to my embarrasment, but this movie ranks right at the top of my list of favorite Sci-fi movies, just as Firefly ranks up at the top of the list of Sci-fi series. Watch it if you've never seen it!
Serenity trailer

So there you have it. I couldn't pick just one, get over it.

No comments: