Saturday, October 17, 2009

ROADTRIP!!!


After my previous angst fest on here I figured I should write something a bit more fun.

I've been thinking of how I've never gone any major trip on my own or with just my friends. I've always been with my parents, church groups or school groups when I went anywhere for any length of time. Considering I'm 19 this is a bit ridiculous, it mostly has to do with the fact that I don't have a Driver's License. Because of this I'm giving myself a goal of January to get my license.

That's not the point of this post though. The point is I've been listening to music and the particular songs I've listened to lately have convinced me that this summer I need to take a roadtrip. I don't know where yet exactly. I have some ideas though. One of them is drive from my home town over to D.C. on the other side of the states and then maybe up to N.Y.C and then back home. Or perhaps maybe a trip through the west coast; through California, up to Washington and then back through Nevada. If I make the trip to D.C. I'll probably detour through Texas and visit my grandmother...not for long though...we only get along in small doses of a few days.

I don't want to make this trip myself. I want to take some friends, for one thing it would split the cost of gas and hotel rooms. I have a romantic notion of taking off with my girlfriend, but I have no idea what she would think of that.
As for taking friends...well Juan is pretty busy and needs to be near his mom because of her tumor. Cindy is in L.A., but I bet she'd jump on the chance to go on a roadtrip with me. Other than those 2 and Holly I can't really see myself going on a long trip with any of my other friends...I'm having issues with friendship dynamics at the moment.


Anyway, I have plenty of time to plan where I want to go and time to get a job and save up gobs of money for the trip. I also want to move out and get a car of my own...which would be a good idea if I want to go on a road trip. Of course I'll have to make sure it's in great repair. I don't want to pull a Xander on my road trip...
I think only one of my friends will get that joke...

No comments: